07 Jan Shiny “New” website for Thomson Communications PR in Middleton
Normally we’d say “Happy Web-Birthday” when we launch a site but this website is actually several years old, so perhaps I should say “Happy Web-ReBirthday” today to Thomson Communications on the re-launch of thomsoncommunications.com.
We originally built this website several years ago, and although the site was from from “dated”, times change, standards change – we needed to give the site a total refresh to compete within its market. That meant a new look, new photography, some new content – but the portfolio section showcasing around 40 clients would stay relatively the same.
This project is a great example of how some forward-planning can help save you time and money in the future. We were able to repurpose all the content of the existing site and massage it into a new “look” – even keeping to the same theme. The difference in look is like, night and day, and if it had been done from scratch would have cost a few thousand dollars – but because we were able to use all the existing content, we saved tons of time – and therefore money!
We build our sites wanting to give them most longevity as possible, and for a site as complicated as a portfolio site, that takes a bit of planning up front – but the long term gains pay off. We also use themes from reputable developers, ones that have “staying power”. That means a site built on a theme and framework in 2013 might be even better in 2018, as opposed to many developers who fall by the wayside.
What we did:
- repurpose all existing content and massage it into a fresh new look
- custom photo shoot so we could get new images of the team that better reflected their fun personalities and personalized service.
- rewrote some of the content
- added TONS more above-the-fold calls to action to entice people to get in touch
- added a back-end database to capture leads that can be exported for marketing efforts
- upgraded security to current standards and SSL to protect the site